What's new
What's new

1993 VF2 alarm 249

• Thread starter guest
  • Start date
  • Replies 2
  • Views 2,479
G

Today I got an alarm 249 "Program Data Begins Odd".

Book just says software error, call your dealer.

Any suggestions? (please don't say call the dealer, lol.)

Reset cleared that alarm and I ran another part fine, will keep going.

Yesterday it went on strike twice, no alarm code it just stops working. The display still says "running", but the control is dead. I call this the "running alarm", it happens from time to time, for no apparent reason. The recovery is power off the control and restart, which is a PITA but it will run fine after I do that.

Basically I am wondering if clearing out the memory and reloading programs might help, or if it's a board on it's last legs, which is kind of what I am thinking. Old machine, so I'm not going to throw a bunch of money at it, just not worth it.

An alarm every now and then doesn't really bother me too much on this machine- I know one day I will come in and hit the button and nothing will happen, it's just a matter of time. But when I see a new code I worry a little more than usual. ;)

I've come to expect the occasional hiccup. I don't think anyone back in 1993 thought this machine would still be making parts in 2020, lol.

Got through the rest of the run yesterday with no more alarms. The RS232 only gets plugged in when I have to transfer programs, the cable gets in the way if I leave it plugged in all the time.

Not gonna sweat it. I bought the replacement machine for this Haas 2 yeas ago, just happened to have it setup on a different job at the moment.

It's worth more to me as a backup machine than anything I would get from selling it, I know that one day it will die and I will part it out, and that will be the story of it. ;)

Back