What's new
What's new

1993 VF3 Spindle Override Does Not Work

EvansER89

Aluminum
My spindle override only goes down to 10%, is there a parameter somewhere that may be preventing me from stopping the spindle while in the middle of a program? I've been able to get away without resolving this issue for a while but I am no longer the only person running the mill now so I'd like to fix it.
The control panel on my machine is a generation newer than the control itself, so I have some buttons that do not work, like 50% rapid, I am wondering if that has something to do with it...

Just hit feed hold and then push the spindle stop button. I don't know of any machine that lets you turn off the spindle with the override.

That's an interesting question.

My '92 VF-0 only the axis feed stops with door switch or feed hold. I cannot stop the spindle although I can slow it to 10%. To stop the spindle I have to reset or e-stop.

I also cannot set feed rate override to 50% its zero, 25%. Pressing 50% gives 100%.

I just figured it was a feature of newer control software.

Any experience to share?

My spindle override only goes down to 10%, is there a parameter somewhere that may be preventing me from stopping the spindle while in the middle of a program? I've been able to get away without resolving this issue for a while but I am no longer the only person running the mill now so I'd like to fix it.
The control panel on my machine is a generation newer than the control itself, so I have some buttons that do not work, like 50% rapid, I am wondering if that has something to do with it...

My machines older than 95 with spindle overrides at the panel buttons only, will go down to 10% as a minimum.
95 and newer will go down to 0% in 10% increments with panel buttons and 1% with handwheel.

Just depends on your software version. My old 97 has the original software and will only go to 10%. My older 96 has 2000 year software and will go to zero. Just hit feed hold and you can stop the spindle.

Mike

@BGL I can override down to 10% same as you, I was just hoping I could avoid hitting reset if I'm mid program. I think you and I are in the same boat, if you look at the old black/white controllers there is no 50% rapid button, but I assume you have the next generation panel with some blue on it, in which case your 50% rapid is wired to 100% rapid.
I do however see a spindle stop button on the old controllers, so I don't understand why you can't do that while in feed hold; when I try it gives me an error saying spindle in use.

Yep, it seems so. Reset, edit, search tool #, memory, cycle start. I am only familiar with my '92 machine and 2004 at my workplace. The newer machine I can feed hold, stop/start the spindle or while in feed hold with spindle off just press the cycle start and the spindle starts and feeds begin at programmed rpm, Its a nice feature. Apparently the start / stop / reverse is only when in jog mode.

Back