What's new
What's new

1994 Haas no rigid tapping

MMWLLC

Plastic
Hi Everyone!

I am new here. I bought my first haas (1994 VF0) about 5 months ago. The owner I bought it from had said he didn't think it had rigid tapping and that he used floating tap holders instead. I have been running a few jobs on it and have discovered that (at least in my opinion) floating holders are a pain in the ass. No real way to get precise thread depths in a blind hole (Correct me if I'm wrong). Anyway, After looking at some other threads here that I found on google, I went into setting 7 and turned that off, then I went into parameter 57 and saw the rigid tapping option. I tried to change the 0 to a 1 with no luck. Tried turning a different function to a 1 and that did work (I changed it back to what it was), so I figured this meant I did not have a spindle encoder. After removing the cover for the head, I texted a photo to my friend who I used to work with who has done a lot of maintenance on CNC's and he was able to verify that there is no Encoder. My main question is, is it possible and or feasible to add an encoder so that I can enable rigid tapping? Also, during the coarse of all of this while I was in Parameter 57 I accidentally changed the 0 to a 1 under "POWER OFF AT E-STOP" So now every time I hit the E stop the machine powers down. Not a huge deal, however every time I turn off setting 7 in order to edit values in Parameter 57, the estop needs to be pressed so that the servos are off. Now I can't change anything in parameter 57. :wall:

Any help would be appreciated!

Back