What's new
What's new

1995 VF Electronics schematics

slipalong

Plastic
Hi Guy's,

I have recently bought a 1995 VF-0 which has major electrical issues. I suspect a lightning strike or major over voltage. The machine seems to be in very good condition and only seems to have been cutting Aluminium. The paint onside the cab is all still on!

Luckily, after fitting a replacement low voltage power supply the computer booted. speaker beeped and I get keypress beeps. Opened up the pendant and fixed the CRT circuit board. Fuse gone and smoothing cap in the 16V PSU section and that also fired up.

Now looking at the servo distribution board and the servo amps. Could do with a schematic so I can confirm the various power rails are in spec before I connect the amps. Really don't want to fry anything!

Have powered up the IO PCB and have a fault. One of the resistors R120 is glowing red. Believe this is part of a 115Vac output snubber network. Again a schematic would be awesome is anybody has it.Im guessing the triac is short circuit and also the cap in the snubber and the poor 20ohm resistor is having to dissipate 600W!!!

Many Thanks,

Ian.

there are to many variations of the IO board for a accurate print. the logic voltage for the drivers are +12.25, -12. and 0 on the yellow , white and black leads going to the drivers. can you take a picture of which resistor is heating up and aproximaty of where it is on the board? that would help to get a idea what you are up against.

On my '91 VF-1 R120 (19 Ohm) is between the M24 terminal and the K28 relay. Noted as M24 or TSC on the schematic. Located in the upper left on the board under the terminal block.
By "servo distribution" do you mean the servo power monitor? Attached is mine and a Rev. K servo board.

Attachments

• PN_32-4070_Rev_K.jpg
    PN_32-4070_Rev_K.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 408
  • PowerMonitor.jpg
    PowerMonitor.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 272
Thanks for getting back to me. The sdist board is the power supply board for the brushed servo boards.

79095D4B-4082-4DC4-BF2A-C4C018178531_4_5005_c.jpg

How do I download full side copies of you prints?

ahh 95 could have been brush or brushless. a picture would still helping trouble shooting the IO board.

Thanks,

Have emailed you. Like to get the old gal working again. Seeing as the CPU is working the IOPCB and the SDIST don't look very complicated. Found a dead MOV on the 115V ac input to the SDIST. But the rest looks ok. Not what to risk damaging the servo drives so with a schematic I can check the voyages before I risk it.

Back