What's new
What's new

2000 Haas vf3 estop button not working.

trademarkmachine

Aluminum
Any one run into this?

Estop button on has vf3 does not work.
machine is running parts and you push the button and it just keeps on running.

only reason I found this out. Had to change belt on spindle drive. Had to change parameter 157 to realign spindle rotation to tool changer.
Cant change parameters if you can not estop machine.

I did go into cabinet. Plug 700 on my I/O board is for the estop switch. Pulled this out which should put the machine in estop
regardless of a wiring problem. And it did not.
So it looks like there is a I?O board problem.

was able to get machine to estop by removing the plug for the gear box oil pressure.

Not sure if I want to try repairing board myself. Or get Haas replacement at $3200.

According to the VF manual the E-Stop button normally connects an optical switch to ground, turning the output transistor On. Possibly a H11L1, H11L2 or H11L3?
Are you familiar with IC pin numbering?
The small dot in one corner shows the #1 pin (12V). The #2 pin goes to your E-Stop switch. Pin #5 is ground. Check those pins with a 12V meter. That will show the E-Stop switch is working.
Then check pin #6 for 5V. Pin #4 should toggle with the E-Stop switch. If it does not then the problem is the optical coupler (~$1). Otherwise it is further downstream.

I bought a 2000 VF4 new and the estop button failed several times under warranty. I ended up finding a non haas button when it was out of warranty no problems after that. Nothing on the board just the button
Gary

Magno…

Thanks for the info. I definitely want to try to repair this board.
I talked to my Haas service guy and he said, Disconnecting the estop plug at the board would put the machine into estop mode.
Since this is not happening. I am very confident there is a board issue.
I will inspect the IC later this week.

Any one run into this?

Estop button on has vf3 does not work.
machine is running parts and you push the button and it just keeps on running.

only reason I found this out. Had to change belt on spindle drive. Had to change parameter 157 to realign spindle rotation to tool changer.
Cant change parameters if you can not estop machine.

I did go into cabinet. Plug 700 on my I/O board is for the estop switch. Pulled this out which should put the machine in estop
regardless of a wiring problem. And it did not.
So it looks like there is a I?O board problem.

was able to get machine to e-stop by removing the plug for the gear box oil pressure.

Not sure if I want to try repairing board myself. Or get Haas replacement at $3200.

There should be multiple e-stop connections on the I/O board, check to see if they are working properly (they may have a jumper installed). If they are, simply move the plug for the pendant e-stop to one of the other locations.

The E-Stop switch is normally closed so if there are redundant inputs on the I/O board they would have to be short jumpered.

Back