What's new
What's new

2004 TM1 - trying to make a toolchanger

sirAIG

Aluminum
Dad and I got a 2004 tm1 with low hours (sub 700 spindle hours)... It was in a friend's garage, he ordered it bare bones, aka no ATC.

After powering it on, from MDI I can program an m19 - spindle orient, m82 unclamp tool, and m86 to re clamp tool. YES! making a small table mount 2-6 tool changer will be simple and worthwhile. Stop smiling to see an alarm. 130 - tool unclamped. Tried with a tool to clamp in spindle, same alarm.

Is this haas's way of keeping those who did not purchase a toolchanger from making their own? Or am I missing something?
0fd43541b74064edb3275a7f0ae68671.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Dad and I got a 2004 tm1 with low hours (sub 700 spindle hours)... It was in a friend's garage, he ordered it bare bones, aka no ATC.

After powering it on, from MDI I can program an m19 - spindle orient, m82 unclamp tool, and m86 to re clamp tool. YES! making a small table mount 2-6 tool changer will be simple and worthwhile. Stop smiling to see an alarm. 130 - tool unclamped. Tried with a tool to clamp in spindle, same alarm.

Is this haas's way of keeping those who did not purchase a toolchanger from making their own? Or am I missing something?
0fd43541b74064edb3275a7f0ae68671.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I understand your want and excitement. Try looking in your parameters for TC ENABLE or whatever and see if you can enable it. Then try your entries again. Not sure if your machine would have the required sensors or even the inputs or ouputs required. Otherwise I'd say check eBay. Often you can find Haas 10 or 20 tool carousel assemblies in the $1000 range.

your tool clamped/ unclamped switch may need adjustments. in diagnostics does it show the tool unclamped with a tool in the spindle?

Back