What's new
What's new

2005 Haas EC400 Horizontal – grid shift A-axis

johnmack

Plastic
Hey there,
Does anybody have a procedure for setting the A-axis grid shift (should be B-axis, but my machine came set up as A-axis from new for some reason). The procedure I have found say what do for the linear axis, but do not have any specific examples for the A-axis. The issue is that when I go to take a reading on the POS screen to do the required calculations, it doesn’t say what to do with the A-axis as it is in degrees, not a linear value. I spoke to my Haas dealer and they can’t make it to my shop for 2 weeks and will not release the procedure for some reason as they say it’s proprietary. I’m so pissed with their responses and lack of urgency in letting my machine sit idle for 2 weeks.
Thanks in advance…

The issue is that when I go to take a reading on the POS screen to do the required calculations, it doesn’t say what to do with the A-axis as it is in degrees, not a linear value.

I don't understand this. What are you trying to do with the A axis?

I guess my post isn't clear. I'm trying to set the Grid Shift value that's used when zero'ing the machine at start-up. The value tells the machine how far to move after it finds the prox switch when zero'ing the axis. This has to be set when you replace a prox switch or remove a servo motor.

I’ve posted this before. Maybe it will help.

Put your A where you want it.
Unlock parameters setting 7
Enter debug mode.

Take the value in the "Target" column for the A axis and write it down.
Now page down on the "Position" page until you find the page "A Param A”.
Under "Tool Change Offset" (Parameter 212) there is a value.
Take "Tool Change Offset" value minus "Target" value and enter that new value into parameter 212.
Zero return your A and double check it.

Back