What's new
What's new

2006 VF5 rear wipers unavailable ?

jjxtrider

Aluminum
We have a VF5/50 that the cover wipers are shot and allowing coolant and chips to get into the base . We called Haas and got the "only" size they have other than a skinny one and changing the old one out I could see how much shorter the new wipers were and fit poorly into the slot. Even another call they insisted this was for our machine . Well as I figured once I put the rear cover back one there is a gap the entire width because the wiper is so short. Anyone know something our Dealer doesn't ? Ya, they said something about they may swell but the machine didn't come new with gaps . I haven't taken the x axis cover off yet but it does look like those will be the right size wipers, just the rear Y and possibly the front as well since they look the same .

A little background info on the machine ,has 4800 cutting hrs only , no cast iron , mostly stainless and plastics , kept clean and is in great shape , especially for the age . Have repressed the center to make sure the cover is straight and still the right angle for the top section.

Back