What's new
What's new

3 questions I hope haas guys can help me out with

Shawn_Laughlin

Aluminum
I can’t find the hrc210 rotary on the haas website so it looks like it’s been discontinued even though haas talked it up to be the latest and greatest when I bought mine late last year?

I do have some weird noises at high cutting speeds and when it rapids and wondering if that had something to do with it?
Mine works just fine just had a little noise but one thing I have found is I can only mill conventional or get a lot of tool hopping and chatter unless I turn the feed down a lot. Maybe backlash, I don’t know but doesn’t do it when conventional milling, only climbing.

So I was just wondering if maybe a design flaw made them discontinue them?

Second question. I’m having accuracy issues that are effecting the fit between two mating parts and bores and shafts. I cut a series of squares or cubes 1” tall and varying lengths and widths on top of an aluminum block and measured after cutting with a mitutoyo quantumike 0-1 and 1-2 mics. They were all consistently +.0021 than what they were suppose to be.

So I cut some boss’s and all of them were +.00165 big.

So I thought no big deal I’ll just sketch it undersized but when I did that and cut more squares and boss’s in the same job or test cut they varied between .0016 to .0029

I just can’t find what causing it to cut big and varying like it is.

3rd I’m having electrical noise that sounds like a loud squeak or squeal when the spindle first ramps up and sometimes it is steady when at low rpm like when starting the warm up cycle and it’s loud but when haas comes out it doesn’t do it. I’ve recorded it and I can hear it in the recording but I know what to listen to and my phones audio recording is horrible. Anyone have or heard and anything like this?

Well I’m pretty sure I found the issue,it was with my tool I was to calibrate the probe but this brings me to something. I’ve done this a bunch so it’s not something I’m doing. And this is the first to do this since the software update.

But after finding that my errors were bc the diameter of my calibration tool was off about the same as the errors I was getting when cutting I tried to recalibrate the ots like I’ve done many times and it’s not working right.

I position them tool about a 1/2 above the surface of stylus and input my info and press cycle start. The tool immediately rises up about 10” slow and then starts coming back down extremely slow and it gets within 5” to touching off and moves back up to the position that it moved to when I pressed start. I’m really fucking aggravated at this shit. I’m guessing software issue? Anyone else had this problem? I’ll call haas in the morning but if anyone knows a fix tonight please let me know. Thanks.

Back