What's new
What's new

319 Overtravel on rotary...So close! (sort of related to our Grid/TC offset 2 down).

countryguy

Hot Rolled
Just to keep is simple.... Edited reply. SOLVED (it seems) by:
PARM 43. A BIT SWITCH A bit 20/21. Rotational Alarm and Rotational Limits = 1 on the TRT210A setting and =0 on the HRT210 setting. Setting to 0 for the TRT210A portion now allows the G91 moves we want...

... I suppose getting all your 'bits' right for 3+2 and rotational awareness makes sense when I read so many posts about others /w Rotatrys and TRT units and 'unwinding the cables' (these run thru rear). things like 'ohh a PIA' and 'here's how we did/do it' Yet we could not spin around at all due to these bit flag safeguards. Now it's on US if we spin till it breaks. :-)

Everyone, thanks for letting me scribe away!

I know we're close... and we're just not seeing how. The A unit will not run an command to move in a positive direction. instant 319 error. (some detail below).

The kid spent 12 hours today learning the legacy/original controller (98 VF/4) and getting TC offsets, Grid offsets for our TRT210 ironed out for the A & B axis. (see post down 2 from this one).

status: It'll boot, find switch home on the A rotary, rotate back (due to TC offset) to his desired spot. (being w/ the B platter level and platter up). ps-it's a 4th & 5th conjoined unit called a TRT210.

A is reading 0.00 machine and 0.00 operator. he sets G54 here as 0.00 too.

Now, he can issue an incremental move in a (-) direction all he wants. G00 G91 A-90.( 50, 20, .002) etc). it'll puff, and roll..

What has us stupified; If he issues any incremental move from this home horizontal spot, (G00 G91 A10. (or A.0005, or or); It errors instantly w/ 319, Haas Alarm Description: Commanded A-axis move would exceed the machine travel. Machine coordinates are in negative direction. This indicates either an error in the user’s program or improper offsets.

From our reading, it's either hardware or Work offsets related, maybe Zero setting related? We can hand jog forward (+) .... so how can it be a hardware limit? We spent hours playing and reading on w/ work offsets, setting Zero, Setting single Axis, and forum pages galore.

This must be something just silly he's doing wrong as nubes? Man, I miss just 3 axis already. . .

I'll really appreciate is anyone has a thoughts on this, or tell us something we're doing wrong in his attempts at Gcode moves on the rotary.

PS:
We do NOT really have any proven parm values for A &B upon setup in the parms area. Only what the Setting's populate on initial selection. If anyone has a working 3+2 w/ a TRT210, would LOVE to hear your PARM setups.... ( but will try calling HFO). (OS 9.64N)

Last edited:

Back