What's new
What's new

4th axis replacement cable...

SeymourDumore

Diamond
Guys

My waycover slipped apart, and proceeded to properly sever the motor cables to my 4th axis.
The thinner, encoder cable is absolutely fine, only the power cable that's cut in half.

I will call tomorrow to find out, but does anyone know if there is a way to get only the power cable?
I see part numbers for the whole harness with the block that bolts onto the HRT210 rotary, but I'm thinking I won't need all that.
COULD try to just repair the cable itself, but if the replacement is only a few hundred $ then I won't bother.

I’m gonna hyjack this and ask, what is the best/good methods of hanging/routing a 4th axis cable on a vertical to avoid damage.?

I plan on leaving my 4th on the machine and don’t want to have chips chew up the cable.
Right not I just hang it through a hole on top of the enclosure

The cable itself appears to be pretty well made.
This thing has been on the machine for 10 or so years ( removed only for cleaning every now and then ), no problem with chips chewing through it.

Did not fair well with the waycover tho .....

i had a VF-3 with a pallet changer with rotaries on it and was chewing through cables every few months. Finally I went to AutoZone and got a roll of that dress up wire armor and took that along with an old cable to the local electronics shop. They found the cut and repaired it then pulled the wires out of that square box and installed the metal armor. $120 later I had an armored cable that lasted several years and was still going when I sold the machine.

I ran my cables under the table and through a Jbox I mounted on the back of the enclosure. I cut hole in the enclosure as well as slots in the bottom of the Jbox - all holes are grommeted for protection and sealing. Not a fan of the factory method of just slinging them over the back of the cabinet...

IMG_20210215_145000234.jpg
IMG_20210215_144921084.jpg

Back