What's new
What's new

98 VF/4 - RPC run, Spindle ramp relief for AC load burden? Parm120?

countryguy

Hot Rolled
HEy... great news- The kid is cutting 3+2 on real metal! finally!
But w/ the home RPC and 240 AC long line run is contributing
to undervoltage errors at times. (only seems when 50gal 240 compressor is running in basement 10-ft off panel).

Overdue in putting in all new 2AWG and conduit (on order). 2mwr we are running a 25% shorter power run w 1 breaker -vs- 100ft, a garage panel and 3 breakers. (not my doing!). Sooo.. It'll help, but under rural living w/ heave demands at peak times, I bet we still will experience this issue. And I'm often moving the Xformer taps around based on input AC... Arrg...

Q: Anyone have a proven method for getting the spindle to consume a little less ummph on start up? flatten out that spindle meter-peg when going to 3K to 6K RPM starts? Kid say's that my gcode idea of going from 1000,2000,4000 will stop the spindle and restart to new speed each time? (like MDI M03 S1500 run, S3000 -alter-, start does) not clear why it even does that? I'm just the Dad repair man (and shop cleaner lol)

Nothing really out there on Parm #120 so that seems to be a no-no idea. Anyway, Calling power Co. too 2mrw. See if they'll check the line and pole Xformer? -got a good reason? lmk.

Tomorrow is always another day to solve the woe's of Home Haas makers! TIA,
GC.

To make the spindle step up in speed gradually your code should look like this:

S1000 M03
G04 P1.
S3000 M03
G04 P1.
S5000 M03
G04 P1.
S6000 M03
G04 P1.
etc.

The G04 is a dwell with the P address the time in seconds. Be sure to use a decimal point or it will revert to milliseconds. The dwell time and spindle speeds can be anything you want them to be, it will jump to the first one, wait X seconds, increase speed to the next specified number, wait again and so on.

I use this technique on a Big Kaiser chip fan with the flip out blades. Just jerking that sucker to 6K would tear the blades off for sure.

That worked out great ChipSplitter! Thanks. only stops and restarts if you attempt to go from low gear to a high gear speed we learned. He learned how to tweak his gcode, run the renumber options etc. so good stuff for the rookie. The 2AWG upgrade was also a nice upgrade for us! We ended up counting 6 different breakers/junction points on the old line. He ran all his jobs just fine today!

Back