What's new
What's new

98 VF4 - Now -no Spindle motor power. zero's out the Vector drive.

countryguy

Hot Rolled
moving on from the 117/118 Alarm error post. For now, seems to be solved and this just feels really different for proper response gathering.

After boot up, We get no output to the spindle motor for anything tried. The Ops panel meter will just peg to overload, and yet there is zero volts out the Vector Drive Motor attach in the rear. (bog ol white one w/ 15/20 in paint). Push reset and it stops and meter returns to 0.

Checking all the old(er) VF electrical service manuals, but not seeing much on how to troubleshoot the old big-white 15/20 Vector drive boxe other than swap it? Or- is there still some interlock, or brake resistor vodoo, or or...

No errors, no alarms on boot or issuing Sxxxx M03, On VectorDrive unit, the green HV light is on. No Fault light is on. Removed

On the some other posts - This near exact scenario is noted as the Wye-Delta contactor (no spindle power and panel meter pegs)...looks like the classic style? But This version 98 VF does not have this contactor as near as I can tell.

I did find an older VF Vector Schemo here; İndir

anyone have a helping thought on our next punt?

Last edited:
Just called it into HFO.... got a suggestion back to check spindle encoder.... Did the Vector tblshooting etc first anyway when he dinged me back. Must say.. My HFO is really good to the kid and I.
And on his suggestion:

Repaired Encoder wire... No change.
Next: Ran w/ Vector Drive tbls guide. Unit fails the unbalanced meter test.
Meter in DC, from pin 3 to Motor A, B, C are all 330V. Which is say's to replace Vector Drive unit? The Servo output power all works fine from the unit. It's only a spindle motor issue.

On the spindle Servo -to just make sure it works (on a 98 Haas)... about all I could figure out to do was push the spindle w/ a rubber hammer and execute a S300 M03 while turning. IT wont take it and sends a 'SPINDLE IN MOTION' note to the screen.

PM- The Vector Drive 20/15 is pulled, boxed, and already at UPS. on it's way for R&R! 2-4 day turn. We'll see what we see when it all gets back.

Last edited:

Back