What's new
What's new

Door minimum width and height vf5ss install

Shawn_Laughlin

Aluminum
I’ve been asking a few questions on here and y’all have been extremely helpful but I’ve got one more.

So,I’ve decided on the vf5ss with hrt310 and couple other options but In order to get my slab done,I need specs on the building and the door size needed to fit a vf5ss through is going to determine eve height and eve height will determine if I have to request the city inspector for a 2’ allowance over max allowed eve height.

I know it sounds like a lazy question but I’ve looked at the haas drawing and I can’t pull the pdf’s up and the installion documents just list maximum working height and I need to know when it arrives new and it’s gotta through that opening what size opening do I need and not be squeezing it through? It does mention width sorry.

I’ve gotten tanks that are 2-1/2 times the width of the shop door through at work,just took a good bit of forward turn,shimmy over and repeat but I got it through. I don’t want to have to do that With the machine.

@Shawn_Laughlin - my VF5SS (delivered in Feb - a month-ish old) did not come in a crate. Not 100% sure how it was shipped, since I didn't see it before the riggers got it.

So the bare machine had to be side shimmied through my shop door which is 12' wide x 14' high (nominal) - it could have been rolled through on skates sideways with no effort.

Back