What's new
What's new

Adding Chip Auger to VF2

CGornet

Aluminum
I originally bought my VF2 used thinking I wouldn't be doing a lot of heavy material removal, so the idea of having an auger didn't really matter to me much.

Fast forward to today, and I am making 14lbs of chips per part and I am getting tired of scooping the chips out.

Can I add an auger to this guy? Year is an 00.

Thanks

I did to my 96 vf2. You still have to get the chips to the auger, but it's worth it to me anyway. I just paid the $2500 or so for the kit and put it in myself. I think the auger that comes with it is around 8" spacing, and I suspect the older ones are 6" which causes some material not to feed as well with the wider spacing.

I did to my 96 vf2. You still have to get the chips to the auger, but it's worth it to me anyway. I just paid the $2500 or so for the kit and put it in myself. I think the auger that comes with it is around 8" spacing, and I suspect the older ones are 6" which causes some material not to feed as well with the wider spacing.

Thanks, I didn't realize there was a kit.

Did you purchase it from your HFO? What all does it come with? motor and auger screw? Anything else?

I bought it from my hfo. It comes with everything you need, auger, motor, wiring, gaskets, chute, etc. I don't remember offhand if I had to pay extra for the adapter for the newer chute style.

Last edited:

Back