What's new
What's new

Adding mist filter to Haas machine

tcncj

Cast Iron
Hello
I would like to a add the Haas air filter to our machine because there's allot of mist when running indexable endmills.
But I'm curious how well the filter from Haas works? Because there are also other options like the filtermist and so on.
It seems that the filter from Haas can be cleaned and doesn't have to be replaced.

We have two Haas and two Mistaway. The Haas mist collector gets the mist out of the enclosure, problem is it just vents it out into your shop air. The Mistaway works great at separating the mist from the air before it blows it into the shop air, hands down get that for about the same price as the Haas. The Mist manager from them is also pretty awesome if you want a simple way turn it on and off with the coolant pump, or spindle.

I have two of the mistaway units and have been vary happy with them ... one is one a vf2ss and keeps up just fine and the second one is on a vf4ss and well it works I do have to program so it can keep up ... don`t think your going to have it keep up with a 3" facemill running 10K and 400 IPM ...

I have seen the Haas units ,,, there "JUNK" spend the same $$ and look at the Mistaway

I have two of the mistaway units and have been vary happy with them ... one is one a vf2ss and keeps up just fine and the second one is on a vf4ss and well it works I do have to program so it can keep up ... don`t think your going to have it keep up with a 3" facemill running 10K and 400 IPM ...

I have seen the Haas units ,,, there "JUNK" spend the same $$ and look at the Mistaway

Good info, I assume yours are the smaller Mistaway? Are you using the 6" opening? Mist Away pushes cutting a rectangular hole to match the unit, thats hard to do when theres an existing hole. I'm working on putting one on our NLX lathe with a 6" hole, hoping it can keep up.

Good info, I assume yours are the smaller Mistaway? Are you using the 6" opening? Mist Away pushes cutting a rectangular hole to match the unit, thats hard to do when theres an existing hole. I'm working on putting one on our NLX lathe with a 6" hole, hoping it can keep up.

I have the rectangular hole on my VF4 and a 6" hole and standoff on my VF2 because of the way the HMI hangs over the front, not enough room on top to cut a direct rectangular hole.

The 6" stock hole in the top works fine ... I get a lot of chips up there but once a week you just pop up the side door and reach your hand up ... its just me getting a little to frisky with a face mill that does it ... If I don`t use the face mill I can go months without bouncing chips up it ...

Back