What's new
What's new

Air Compressor for HAAS CM-1

Engineturned

Plastic
Hello Everyone,

I recently purchased a 2016 Haas OM2a which is basically a CM-1. I wanted to get some advice on which air compressor to choose. I have looked at some California Air Tools compressors as a starting point. The Haas is running on my 220 single phase so I would prefer the air compressor to be 110 single phase.

My preference is to stay between $1000-$2000 range. A friend just got a Kaeser sx5 but that is in a whole different price category.

Thanks in advance :)

We have 3 machines that consume air and then several air taps around the shop all running off a 60 year old Devilbiss 60 gallon compressor.

You can get by easily with an inexpensive compressor. Just get one that will do 90 psi at a good amount of flow per minute. Hell, just go to Home Depot and get a good Black Max. More important is to get a dryer for the air. You want to keep moisture from the machine. I bought the cheap dryer at Harbor Freight and it has run for about 4 years now and works great. They are about $399.00 right now depending on what discount coupon you use it will be much cheaper.

Mike

Emglo (Jenny ) makes a great little wheel barrow constant run compressor,, a little 3/4 HP one would work great,, I run 2 haas vf machines a lot off one of them .. FYI the constant run runs a LOT cooler and you don't get a ton of water out of it ,,,

Back