What's new
What's new

Alarm #112 Interrupt fault

magno_grail

Hot Rolled
Anyone ever have this? The manual just says "Call your dealer, electronics fault". Right, they probably want to sell me a computer that costs four times what the machine is worth.
Machine was completely dead mechanically and RESET did nothing. The ALARM notice was flashing and I could go to the alarm page and get the number. Powered the machine off and restarted, everything was back to normal and worked the rest of the say.
Curious if anyone knows what an Interrupt Fault is or what causes it?
Sounds as though I might have to start working on building a new CNC computer soon.

Coldfire alarm text says "Electronics fault. No communication between processor and Mocon. Power failure can be verified if Status LED on Mocon blinks four times at power up. Test +12 / -12 VDC to Mocon PCB from LVPS"

maybe the low voltage power supply is on its way out? when things go stone-cold dead that's usually a sign of something like a cap or a fuse gone awry

where's Arclight when we need him?

Couple things notes were :
found on ncnzone post: "I am a factory tech. These alarms point me to one of two things. You will need to first check the logic voltage to the mocon pcb. You will be looking for +12 -12 +5 volts. If your voltage is good at the pcb then you have a back mocon. If you need any more info please let me know"

And then several replies to reset the power cable on the PCB.

I also am aware that the 110 AC source for the LV power supply comes off of one of the 3 phases. anyway, hopefully a one-off...

Anyone ever have this? The manual just says "Call your dealer, electronics fault". Right, they probably want to sell me a computer that costs four times what the machine is worth.
Machine was completely dead mechanically and RESET did nothing. The ALARM notice was flashing and I could go to the alarm page and get the number. Powered the machine off and restarted, everything was back to normal and worked the rest of the say.
Curious if anyone knows what an Interrupt Fault is or what causes it?
Sounds as though I might have to start working on building a new CNC computer soon.

I've fixed a lot of industrial equipment, and I agree also that power problems or dirty connections are the most common issues. I typically start a project like that by checking the AC power input to the power supplies, then the outputs (ie +5VDC, +/-23VDC, 24VDC, etc) and going from there. If you're local to SoCal, I might be able to help.

Thanks but this is way older than a Coldfire, a '91. I have rebuilt a few boards, such as the servo and power monitor, added a push-pull chip to the receiver for a 4th axis and added more memory so I ma familiar with most of it. I just never had an interrupt error before and after shut-down and start-up there have been no problems.
There could be the PC power supply is going out, I will check that. Someone replaced at some point.

Back