What's new
What's new

Alarm 139 X Motor Z Fault.

a.j.

Plastic
Hello fellow Haas users,

I have been having an alarm come up every once in a while with no visible problem. The book says for a 139 X Motor Z Fault :
Encoder marker pulse count failure. This alarm usually indicates that the encoder has been damaged and encoder position data is unreliable. This can also be caused by loose connectors ant P1-P4.

Well I checked the P1 - P4 and that seems good.
Has any one had this problem before and fixed this.
It is a 1996 VF6 machine so it has seen plenty of hours.

I called the HFO and they have not gotten back to me yet. I will probably end
up having the service tech. come out.

Keep the chips flying.

A.J.

That alarm generally indicates that it is a problem with the motor encoder. Does it happen frequently enough that you can reproduce the alarm? Do you get it only when it is rapiding? If so, try reducing the rapids and see if it keeps running. If that works, then it is most likely the encoder for the motor.

Hope this helps.

more frequently

The alarm used to happen here and there, but now it is every day.
It happens when on a cut. It is traveling at 100ipm.
The HFO has me scheduled for Tuesday.
I wonder how much this one will cost ?$?

It is an old machine and we ran this machine a lot.

Thanks for the help.

I'd figure on a motor...every-time we talk about fixing or repairing something on a motor they say if it's not the problem we will be back again and that will bring you to the price of a new motor...or go with a new one now and your done.

Then again I have repaired two myself (simple fixes...clean armature and reseal back of motor and on another I found leads grounding out) and it lasted for years...so who is to say.

I expect the worst and hope for the best...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you...let us know.

Hello people. could you solve this issue?

Hello Coudl you solved?.

I have the same issue , we change the motor, review the steps that it makes against the encoder pulse on the screen. but still appears. we have this issue on a VF1 with a magnetek VFD.

its the same case of yours?.

Regards

Hello, we just went through an issue where the X-axis would intermittently give the 139 alarm on our 1994 HAAS VF-3.
These are the steps I took and it seems to have corrected the problem:
First, we replaced the heavily worn motor brushes. This didn't solve the problem, but was clearly necessary nonetheless.
Second, it was noted that the two screws that attach the encoder mounting to the motor housing had backed completely out and were just hanging there. They were re-installed with a drop of Locktite, and the encoder was again firmly attached. However,the problem was still evident.
Lastly, when inspecting the encoder assembly, it was noted that there was a small amount of particulate matter (probably metallic dust from the screws rattling about)coating some portions of the encoder body.Careful use of compressed air to clean the affected area seems to have cured the problem. We ran the machine with a simple program rapiding the X axis back and forth for several minutes and the machine performed perfectly.

Back