What's new
What's new

Any TM-0P in the wild?

tymzhu

Plastic
We are considering acquiring a new TM-0P to replace our old Tormach. After some searching online, I don’t see anyone posting about this new machine? The quote we got from Haas also had 30+weeks lead time…
If anyone already got the machine, would like to hear your experience! As well as just general thoughts on TM-0/TM-0P.
Thanks!

I'm guessing very few people even have these yet. All their lower cost machines are low priority with long leadtime. I bought a tl-1 four months ago and have 2 months left for delivery. Sometimes I forget I even bought it.

How About now?

I'm wondering how rigid the TM-0 is compared to the redesigned Mini-Mill. TM-0 is 340 LB lighter, max weight on table is 350 LB vs 500 LB with the Mini. My older Mini, which I think is a little heavier than the newer version, makes surface finishes on par with the VF series machines. I wouldn't want to get worse finishes by going to a TM-0.

Last edited:
Still haven't seen one. My guess is the mini mill would be a more rigid machine but I have seen TM-1 made parts and the finish seemed fine too me. Obviously not going to compete with a VF at higher feeds. The big thing I like with the TM-0 vs the mini is the coolant tank isn't built into the frame. I hate cleaning on my Tank on my VF as is and cant imagine having to clean it on a mini.

The TM-0P has a few things going for it vs the mini. It's $1k cheaper. 4" more Z travel. 4" more X travel. External coolant tank, although it is only 15 gallons (iirc, can't find current spec) vs the mini's 25. TM-0 comes with the "convenience package" (the shelves) standard, which is a $995 option on the mini. Some positives for the Mini: the Mini has a wider table at 12" vs the TM-0's 10.5" table, 10 Gallons more coolant capacity, 150LB more table weight capacity (500 vs 350), 100ipm faster cutting (500) and 200ipm faster rapids (600). The mini is 340LB heavier despite having less X and Z travel. The mini has full X and Y way covers.

But I wonder if these machines are still being shipped with that galvalume coating or whatever on the way covers which turns into a black sticky mess and ruins the wipers.... I see that "stainless steel way covers" are a several thousand dollar option on the VF series now. Is this Haas's way of fixing the problem they introduced? Seems more like ransom.

Last edited:

Back