What's new
What's new

any vendors for specific CHIPS? vector drive control board.

Stirling

Hot Rolled
seekiing vendors for a specific vector drive control board chip (alterntly dows enyone have a fried drive they dont want i can take the chip from...:)P)

iCT
1bcv8zj
f86ma

Located on the vector drive control board.

requires programing for logic.

DigiKey Electronics - Electronic Components Distributor would be the place to start, but if this is a programmable chip you're probably stuck. Getting the chip is probably easy enough, but where would you get the program to put on it?

My hope is someone sells the chips pre programmed, like one of the board referb company’s. Either a salvage chip off a burnt board. Or a new one that they have programmed.
I’m sure someone does that. Now if they sell them as is is about her question.

Stirling.. hey man, Soooooo here is part of the rub of heat and freeze. Too much heat can make things worse. Do you think you fried this thing?

1) The chip ICT is from Integrated Circuits Technologies. ICT. I could not find that specific IC type by the numbers you gave me. Can you try to take another pic of the chip with angle or different lighting? I need a good pic. (unless you've found the data sheet online?).

2) You can have it removed by someone who knows what they are doing. Or even try to do it yourself. Watch some youtube vids on removing plcc type ICs and jlead and such. I'll pop a few links below but you'll need to practice first. The goal: Gently remove the IC to allow the IC to be placed into a IC reader.

3) The IC readers are inexpensive and you can get the program out of this by yourself typically/often. The IC needs to be functional for a program read event. Below is a device I use, but there are others cheaper. You will need to ensure that it comes w/ a socket for the IC you took off. Looks like it does. Need data sheet of the IC to confirm.

Amazon.com: Plus Programmer, Universal USB Programmable Logic Circuits for TL866II Plus EEPROM Flash 8051 AVR MCU GAL PIC with 10 Adapter : Electronics

4) The SMD rework station (example below) will need one w/ a hot-air nozzle to use w/ the size of the IC on the board. There are usually different sizes and you can by different stainless hot-nozzle kits.
BACOENG 2in1 862d+ SMD Soldering Iron Hot Air Soldering Station W/Various Accessories(Improved Version of 852 and 862) - - Amazon.com

5) If the stars and moon all aligned- you found the IC and data sheet to determine what it is. Were able to get it removed. Were able to put it into the prom/pal reader. the reader was able to pull any program or logic and save it to a file. you are able to buy a new IC. Your new chip presses into the socket and you re-program w/ the program you took from the old one. you take the chip out and resolder onto the board. you power up and are back in business.

6) Else, you hit ebay and some of the other places that advertise repair and/or exchange on the PC board in question. send it in and get it repaired or do an exchange.

5) If the stars and moon all aligned- you found the IC and data sheet to determine what it is. Were able to get it removed. Were able to put it into the prom/pal reader. the reader was able to pull any program or logic and save it to a file. you are able to buy a new IC. Your new chip presses into the socket and you re-program w/ the program you took from the old one. you take the chip out and resolder onto the board. you power up and are back in business. .

Oh?
Look..
A rabbit hole,
**Kneels down.**
“I wonder what’s down there?
Let me just get my phone out (on YouTube) to light the hole up a bit,
Sure is dark down here
Slippery to.
Wow, crap, WOW, oh shit. Ahhhhhhhhh

*****I may have to pm you on this one after a new board comes jn…. Never hurts to fix up a spare

Snagged it... the chip! link below. plcc jlead,PEEL CMOS Programmable Electrically Erasable Logic Device blahblahbha..yeah, rabbit holes are the life of us small and self-owned dad and/or son start ups. I get to go play w/ the liner-rails (other post) and replace ball screws most likely on ours. Like I noted.. trade ya man! :-)
Peace... back to day job today.

you may actually be able to read out the data so keep that puppy.

The IC
https://datasheet.octopart.com/18CV8P-25-Anachip-datasheet-7276731.pdf

EDIT- Update: The logic array has a security fuse (which I was hoping this was older tech) if enabled the part logic program cannot be pulled. So.. we'll need to see.

Last edited:

Back