What's new
What's new

Anybody seen a processor failure on a 3 year old Haas machine before?

Nathan_W_V

Plastic
Anybody seen a processor failure on a 3 year old (2015) Haas machine before? I'm real curious if this has happened to anybody else out there.

That shouldn't happen on such a new machine, but doubtless your HFO will do the right thing and ream you for the full cost of a replacement [/S].

You might want to check the incoming power and machine power supplies for spikes, you don't want to go through more boards if there's a fundamental issue.

Not an EE, so advice is worth not too much...

2012 ST processor crapped out on me last month.
Might have been the Amp that took the Processor or the Processor took the Amp...all I know Haas took a good amount of $$ to get her up and running again.
But its up and running again.

In 13 machines I've had one processor board defective after a week which was obviously under warranty. I also had one case where the batteries die suspiciously quickly (like every 16 months, fairly consistently) which is a weird issue but it doesn't seem to cause any other problems.

What is leading you to that conclusion?

Our 2004 TM1 had like 3 hours on it due to the guy that ran that shop not using it. Once we got it and actually tried to use it, the serial transfer between an external PC and the machine wouldn't work. Haas tech couldn't figure it out and called it a "dead processor" despite all other functions on the machine working fine. I figured out that it was just the little board attached to the serial port on the inside of the machine. Swapped the cable over to serial port 2 and plugged in to that and it has worked great ever since.

Back