What's new
What's new

Anyone modify their vf coolant system?

Shawn_Laughlin

Aluminum
The amount of chips and fines that are making it into the coolant shoot and into the tank that I’ve started using oil soak pads to keep the fines and other from getting in the tank. Works good at filtering the chips and added bonus of oil being filtered out as well but, it loads up so fast that in no time the coolant is just overflowing into the tank.

While doing a flush bc I moved on to a full synthetic coolant, sterlingcool 29, I noticed that there were a ton of chips and fines packed in the front, right below the coolant drain hole. I thought about cutting out a square in the front and have basically a drawer that the coolant would flow into along with chips and fill up and then overflow into the coolant chute. The chips should stay in the box and pretty much chip free coolant would return to the tank. It might not work so well with aluminum but for heavier metals like steel and brass i think it would work.

Any suggestions?

I haven’t take. Any measurements or even looked at it that much but how do other makers design there coolant chip seperation?
Someone must do it better at I’m sure a much steeper price point but I’m curious?

Back