What's new
What's new

Back once again for some advice

Shawn_Laughlin

Aluminum
Okay so chirping and sometimes what sounds like a belt squeak and maybe even bearing skate noise has developed and seems like my practically new vf4ss is chattering more and more. I’ve been noticing wear marks near the gauge line but didn’t think much of it. Well then I started to notice vertical stripes on my holder tapers so I tried to blue my holder but all I have is that quick drying stuff and it’s not ideal but it’s all I have right now. So while I clean my spindle everyday when I shut it down I’ve never looked up into it till tonight and what I found makes me want to throw up,literally. The spindle taper looks exactly like what you would want on dovetail mating surfaces. It looks like fish scales. Also the wear patterns im seeing on my tools, the scratches and vertical stripes are right there plain as day. I’ve just now started to really use my rotary a lot and it’s making what I can only describe is a grinding noise and the oil sight glass looks like glitter floating in it. I know what I need to do, call haas but I’m really starting to feel like I got the lemon of lemons. I mean even the accessory is bad. I’d absolutely love this machine if I all this wasn’t going on and I will give hass a chance to make it right for sure but I want to hear from y’all what y’all think when you see these pictures I post below? Makes sense now how I can’t get rid of the steps at cutter overlaps.

EBD8754F-0C1A-4731-9412-85455ED646F6.jpg6FE8B589-2EA0-456F-B13E-3A5931F30213.jpgD2CB5884-51D8-4BDC-8230-300CE322CCD8.jpgBFBEB5D5-EE24-4C3F-AE70-4DFAF4892595.jpgC85ACD97-E326-4272-98DC-8E852C36346C.jpg

You need to post much higher resolution pictures for us to judge things. If needed, use a photo site to hold them and post links.

You need to remind us of how old this machine is, and what sort of support you've gotten from Haas to this point.

You need to tell us the sort of work you're doing on the machine, and whether there's a chance you've been abusing it with your cutting parameters.

And,

You may need a lawyer if it's as bad a machine as you say. Lemon Laws may or may not be your friend...

The machine was delivered at the end of November or beginning of December 2020 so practically brand new. Since the first cut I ever made there were steps between cutter overlap so that’s not abusing the machine. Aluminum and brass are the metals that have been cut. The pictures are fine but after uploading that’s when the quality changes. The fish scaling inside the spindle and the tooling marks tell me it’s not making good contact I just wanted confirmation on that. Haas had been great. I cannot complain about that’s I have a great hfo. I’m calling them this morning. The machine had not been abused. When you spend everything you have on something you treat it like a baby as I have done. The cable rack for the spindle head that had all the wires and hoses running up to the spindle is falling off almost touching the top of the roof. I want them to fix it. I don’t want another machine. Let me rephrase that. I would love for it to be fixed bc I actually like the machine.

This is 98 percent of what I do and why I bought the machine. The rest is aluminum. I’ve cut steel one time and it was the make the hold downs for the brass pieces like in the pictures.

Attachments

• C9C45B2D-13F4-4B23-85A4-C5DCF274C0DE.jpg
    C9C45B2D-13F4-4B23-85A4-C5DCF274C0DE.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 111
  • 8A9AFC68-F148-4570-85A9-9E045DB95DC9.jpg
    8A9AFC68-F148-4570-85A9-9E045DB95DC9.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 115
I’m seeing these lines on a used mill I bought recently 09 vf2
No finishing issues!noted on the parts, marking on the tool holders. No major deviations when running a 0.0005” dial on the lines

What was your resolution? Regrind?

Back