What's new
What's new

Bar feeder for ST15Y

DRobs86

Plastic
I recently took advantage of the sale Haas was running on the ST15Y. I planned to buy that and one of the BAR48B-SAP bar feeders they had on their "hotlist" (list of new, old stock). Long story short, the HFO dropped the ball and didn't move fast enough to secure one of those significantly discounted bar feeders from Haas. Naturally I'm miffed about it and they admit that someone there sat on it and have apologized, but now we need to find a solution.

They have offered to provide some discount one of the new, current year model bar feeders. That's still going to leave me around $5000 more, at least, than I was going to pay for the one on the "hotlist". I asked about whether a Servo Bar 300 would work as they are plentiful on the used market and not expensive. They told me that its an older model and won't interface to the new ST15Y. I'm willing to look at something like a used LNS bar feeder as well, but I'm not very clear about what can and can't interface. Having worked on control stuff before, I feel like about anything can be made to interface, I just don't want a big hassle involved in doing so. Any advice on what to look for on the used side? Will a Servo Bar 300 really not interface to a new Haas lathe?

Thanks

Back