buying a new vf2ss? - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I normally don't get involved in these threads, but this is a good discussion that I can hopefully add some insight as a machinist. We own and regularly use Haas HRT-160, HRC-160 and HRC-210 rotary indexers. I will always recommend any size of HRC over the HRT models - They are well worth the extra money. Speed and zero backlash are big benefits. The more rugged design does allow you to add heavier accessories or take larger cuts, although lighter, faster cuts are more desirable these days. You can also add Haas' brake booster to increase the brake torque however we haven't found a need for them even with the RotoVises we use in-house. - Jay Pierson

2. Likes MMWLLC, wheelieking71 liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sorry to bring back an older thread but it appears some people were curious what I did. I ended up going with a doosan DNM 4500. I love it so far! I have had it installed since early December.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I got a VF-2SSYT mainly because I needed that 20 inches of Y travel and its the biggest I could fit in my shop otherwise I probably would have gotten a Doosan. I think you made the right decision. I have never run a Doosan but I seen them at IMTS and just seem like much heavier duty quality machine.