What's new
What's new

Can't read usb

joker

Aluminum
I have an '06 TL-2. I can save programs to the usb but when I go to retrieve them or want to look at the directory I get a flashing red light and 213 shows up on the screen. Alarm 213 doesn't look like it would have anything to do with this issue. This machine did have the 3.5 floppy before I switched to the usb. Both of them did the same thing. Thanks in advance for any help.

joker

When you changed from floppy to the USB drive, did you notice any issues with the connector or cable? It might be worth opening up the enclosure again and checking the electrical path for signs of damaged wire or bent pins.

Not sure about newer ones, but my haas retrofit uses a usb hub extender. If I pull of the end cap and pull out the stuffed in wires its along with them all.

When you changed from floppy to the USB drive, did you notice any issues with the connector or cable? It might be worth opening up the enclosure again and checking the electrical path for signs of damaged wire or bent pins.

It was doing the same thing before I switched out the floppy. I thought it may have been the problem.

Thanks,
joker

It was doing the same thing before I switched out the floppy. I thought it may have been the problem.

Thanks,
joker

Sure, but there might have been existing damage past the floppy or USB box. There will be cables going from there further towards the controller, it might be an issue on that path.

OT, but speaking of floppys, I ran a Charmilles that would only read the 744(?) kb ones. Fun finding those! I think we ended up cheating it somehow by taping the little notch, but it's a bit foggy. :)

Good - any sign of pinch damage, how'd you find it?

I had one of the boards replaced a couple of years ago and it so happens to be the board that the ribbon cable plugs into. I unplugged it and using an OHM meter and some long jumpers found one of the wires appears to be broken. I have a new cable on order.

joker

OT, but speaking of floppys, I ran a Charmilles that would only read the 744(?) kb ones. Fun finding those! I think we ended up cheating it somehow by taping the little notch, but it's a bit foggy. :)

Had the exact thing on my old Charmilles flusher type. OfficeMax was the only place that could get them way back then. Never thought about covering the notch. Why is it the simplest solutions are the ones unseen?!?

Back