What's new
What's new

Carousel tool changer. board fault?

Stirling

Hot Rolled
My 2007 haas tm-1 tool changer started acting up during a run.
Looked over at machine while attending another a noticed an error.
Error 125 no rotaion fault.
Reset the machine a few times and tried a tool change several times.
The arm would not move to the spindle, the carousel would attempt to rotate, Shudder a bit and error out.
I assumed mechanical issues.

Throughout my testing it's been throwing the 113 or 125 fault, no shuttle motor movement. No carousel movement. Sometimes the shuttle will move, sometimes not. Sometimes the carousel will attempt rotation, usually not.

Tore it apart and checked for binding. None, tore motor apart, checked brushes, bearings, gearbox and windings. All good.

Removed plug from IOpcb board and applied voltage to both motors (12 vdc) both move well with no binding.

Checked all 4 proximity probes in the diagnostic screen. All 4 register when I pass a metal object by.

Removed all 4 relays. All 4 open and close well with 12v applied.

I'm leaning towards something not sending a signal to the relays to send voltage to the motors.. Or possible proximity switch issues?

I'll be calling haas in the morning. But I get nailed 6 hours travel each way and hotel and meals. So service calls are brutally expensive.

If any of you have some tips or more checks I'm all ears!
Thanks!

I've narrowed it down to the IOpcb board as the culprit (best I can tell)
Diagnostics on screen shows all signals are being sent./received.
LED's on board show all signals are making it to the board.

Proxy switches and relays all function (and have been verified with known good units)

Running the tool change cycle while watching the relays clearly shows the
Activation of the shuttle relay. Shuttle moves to position.
Then briefly the carousel relay activates and then it errors out. Stating turret rotate fault error 115.

Does anyone have experience testing the varistor, diodes, And transistor/mofset and stuff like that on this area of the board?
Nothing appears visualy damaged. But something is stopping the power from going from the relay to the motor output plug....

Attachments

• IMG_4689.jpg
    IMG_4689.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 143

Back