What's new
What's new

Unrecoverable error Haas vf7

SageGlad

Aluminum
Hey people! About a week ago I had a problem with the parameters (was factory reset) on my haas VF7, the machine has a bunch of alarms with spindle overload. I fixed it restoring my parameters from the usb stick that comes with the machine. Thanks god, because Haas wanted $3k for this 15 minutes job…
So today, a week after I turned on the machine and it won’t boot showing me unrecoverable error. I found some info about it, but nothing particular. Software bug cause the machine to stuck while booting.
I was powering it down, waiting for a while and powering it up again, no changes.
So the only way now is software update, as I’ve found on some of haas repair and troubleshooting manuals. But they don’t allow the owner to download the soft got their own machine???? Wow! It’s nonsense, I have never seen such a crazy disrespect to the customers.
I was wondering if someone here have mill software by any chance. Version 18.10C
Any comments are very welcome guys.
Please help to find out.

What are the errors? And have you checked the power supply voltage and backup battery voltage?

What are the errors? And have you checked the power supply voltage and backup battery voltage?

It’s the exact error. The machine won’t boot up. Haas confirmed that it’s their software bug and I should reinstall the software. Trying to find where I can get the software now, because haas won’t give it to me due to company policy. It’s 15 minutes job now turning to a $3k with haas service…

You can call CA and discuss w/ the apps team. I thought I also saw an online portal from Haas now for Haas downloads? (new machines) Mine was not offered nor allowed. (a 98) I also thought they were required to provide the software for a machine.. but that's gray area stuff and subject to possession being 9/10th of that one. Those with it... want $$. I can say it's been done and probably something only from CA as it would be a localized profit hit for the you-know-who. What version you looking for? Often folks have it around the forums? Maybe post up seeking BIN 14xx or what ever your looking for?

You can call CA and discuss w/ the apps team. I thought I also saw an online portal from Haas now for Haas downloads? (new machines) Mine was not offered nor allowed. (a 98) I also thought they were required to provide the software for a machine.. but that's gray area stuff and subject to possession being 9/10th of that one. Those with it... want $$. I can say it's been done and probably something only from CA as it would be a localized profit hit for the you-know-who. What version you looking for? Often folks have it around the forums? Maybe post up seeking BIN 14xx or what ever your looking for?

Hey Countryguy!
I spoke only with my local facility, didn’t call CA, but sounds like good idea though.
They have a portal with all software but they allow only HFA and HAAS employees to log in and download anything. But all manuals are in open, like for the people who does not know what to do (maybe some techs doesn’t).
As I know the last version for my machine is 18.21C.bin
I didn’t see any other threads with the software like I’m looking for…
I posted one thread and have no response, except that it’s illegal.. weird times, doesn’t make sense what’s legal and what’s not.

Are you able to access your programs, but not home etc?
Hey! It has been a busy time. Here is an update.
So I finally got haas technician at my place and as I expected it was a super easy install of a file that I just didn’t have access to..
My machine fixed and running good since that day.
Thank you for all replies guys I really appreciate all you!

Hey! It has been a busy time. Here is an update.
So I finally got haas technician at my place and as I expected it was a super easy install of a file that I just didn’t have access to..
My machine fixed and running good since that day.
Thank you for all replies guys I really appreciate all you!

What did the service end up costing you?

I've seen plenty of dealers provide a high estimate with the actual bill coming in significantly less. With no parts, it's strictly labor and travel time.

Very welcome. Wish you best and hope you can get the file you should be able to posses with the machine IMO.
Thank you! Yep I got the files. I saved them in a few different places in just in case. But today I’ve found that I don’t have macros for renishaw tool probe (omp60), the original probe was missing and I didn’t know which model was installed. And after I got omp60 I discovered it… so now trying to get the macros for it…

What did the service end up costing you?

I've seen plenty of dealers provide a high estimate with the actual bill coming in significantly less. With no parts, it's strictly labor and travel time.
Hey. It’s ended up 3 times less then original estimate. They bill me less then 1k instead of estimated $27 hundred. Not bad at all, but I still believe the owners should have access to this type of things.

Hey. It’s ended up 3 times less then original estimate. They bill me less then 1k instead of estimated $27 hundred. Not bad at all, but I still believe the owners should have access to this type of things.

That's a relief.

And I definitely agree that users should have access to the machines they rightfully own. Unfortunately builders are following each others' footsteps and locking down the software, while simultaneously adding bloated features that most users don't want nor need.

That's a relief.

And I definitely agree that users should have access to the machines they rightfully own. Unfortunately builders are following each others' footsteps and locking down the software, while simultaneously adding bloated features that most users don't want nor need.
Yep, it was a good feeling.
Now trying to find macros for renishaw omp60. Because my probe was missing (original one) and discovered that it’s not included in to the package with brand new probe. Omg. They said now go to haas again to get macros for omp60 because there uses to be omp40. Don’t feel right to post here that I’m seeking for this macros, maybe this software also kind of a haas (you want it you pay for it))).

Sage, Call the Renishaw folks in IN. I've worked with their support folks in the past. They do have good support I've found. Call the 800 service line. They'll ask a few Q's to get you to the right team. Try that.

Sage, Call the Renishaw folks in IN. I've worked with their support folks in the past. They do have good support I've found. Call the 800 service line. They'll ask a few Q's to get you to the right team. Try that.
I’ve found a video on YouTube “how to procedure” and after I figured it out! It’s running now! Thank you! I actually want to discuss a one interesting topic. About Xometry. Want to hear from guys here maybe someone has some experience working with them.. I’m curious.

Hey people! About a week ago I had a problem with the parameters (was factory reset) on my haas VF7, the machine has a bunch of alarms with spindle overload. I fixed it restoring my parameters from the usb stick that comes with the machine. Thanks god, because Haas wanted $3k for this 15 minutes job…
So today, a week after I turned on the machine and it won’t boot showing me unrecoverable error. I found some info about it, but nothing particular. Software bug cause the machine to stuck while booting.
I was powering it down, waiting for a while and powering it up again, no changes.
So the only way now is software update, as I’ve found on some of haas repair and troubleshooting manuals. But they don’t allow the owner to download the soft got their own machine???? Wow! It’s nonsense, I have never seen such a crazy disrespect to the customers.
I was wondering if someone here have mill software by any chance. Version 18.10C
Any comments are very welcome guys.
Please help to find out.
The spindle overload code(s)...what were they? I have a problem with my machine currently and was actually wondering about a parameter reinstall.

The spindle overload code(s)...what were they? I have a problem with my machine currently and was actually wondering about a parameter reinstall.
Hey. What kind of a problems you have? My codes was because of the wrong parameters, vector drive was overloading the spindle with the current.

Start with the home position sensors check and cleaning. Looks like your table going in the different direction than commanded, or if you HOME the machine it will go to the different side and throw this codes.

Back