What's new
What's new

DC drive HL-2 161 alarm on powerup

Laurel Fab

Plastic
Good morning.

I've searched this forum in the past for all of my Haas woes, and found all the answers I've been looking for. This new one has me stumped.

Yesterday morning I pressed the green power up button and the hydraulics kicked on, not after the reset button was pressed to clear the 102 alarm. I didn't think this was right. I pressed the reset button, but instead of cleaning the 102 alarm, a 161 alarm came up. I could clear the 161 alarm, but everytime I cleared the 102, both came back up. The E-stop also doesn't kill the hydraulics.

I did entertain the idea of swapping drive cards. The 161 error was always X axis. I swapped cables coming from the controller to the cards thinking one was bad. Still X error. I even switched the X & Z motor cables at the plugs (I know how bad of an idea that was) but it was still a 161 X error.

So what I'm thinking is a transistor failed in the safety
circuit, allowing the hydraulics and the servos to power up immediately. The 161 alarm us just a byproduct of this.

Has anyone had this issue? If so, what is the location if the typical culprit?

Thanks!
James

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

1st put everything back the way it was before swapping everything. couple thinks to check 1 under the 3 power wires to the motor is there what appears to be a orange lite on ? go to the yellow, black , and white cable. what voltages are you reading in DC from the middle wire. to the top wire? and the middle wire and the bottom wire ? also with the power off . remove the cable withers the yellow, black and white wire. look at the 3 pins for any arcing or pitting. clean them up if they are with some 400 grit sand paper. also 1 more thing to check, and you can check this under the diagnostics. on 1 of this pages going down I'd a DC bus voltage. what does it read ? report back your findings.

Everything is back to original. The NE1 light is on. NE2 light is off. Diagnostic screen shows 154VDC. I don't see any yellow, black, and white cables.
c8d045a4bebe02c46debe11818a02457.jpg

I see why you dont see the yellow light on the driver. this is a DC drive machine. has to be a extremely early HL2 . this changes everything. I wish I would have know this. so scratch most of what I had said minus the DC bus voltage. I'll che6my notes and get back to you as I believe that DC bus is low. but I want to be sure first. with the power off have you tried to rem6the motor brushes in the X , and blow the motor out with compressed air ? be careful as it could be a lot of black brush carbon coming out. also after the power has bee5off for like 10 minutes or more pull 1 fuse at a time and ohm them out . since you swapped drivers I'd check all fuses on both drivers.

Also check the fuse on your servo distribution board the 1 that's lite orange bear p12 and p13 shouldn't be lit up. that sho6only light up if you have a blown fuse.so check both of those in the black k fuse holders.

Yes, the machine is a 95. DC bus voltage is supposed to be 160, but the alarms don't trigger until it drops below 144.

I replaced fu1 fuse and it blew adeosun. Ne2 keeps coming on.

then there is a short in either 1 of your drivers . or axis motor. I'd disconnect everything that goes to the X axis driver. especially the black and white wires. then turn it on and see if the fuse still blows.

I have some great (I think) news. After disconnecting all power to the servo drives AND the fan, the hydraulics don't kick on until I hit the reset. Then they immediately shut off due to 161. I'm hooking up the drives one at a time leaving x for last, so I kinda expect the alarm.

With the 5 pack of fuses I bought, the first thing I hooked back up was the fan and I actually blew the other fuse immediately. I'll keep hooking up the servo drives one by one and leave the fan til last, but I just have to wait for the capacitors to bleed down!

Back