What's new
What's new

Default Programs- VQC, Probing, warm-up, etc

npolanosky

Cast Iron
Default Programs- VQC, Probing, warm-up, etc [EDIT: CORRUPT MEMORY on LIST PROGRAMS]

Just took delivery of a 2006 VM3 and I'm getting it set up. It looks like the previous owner wiped it before sending it to me, and that includes the VQC stuff, probing macros, etc. Does anyone with a similar era machine have a copy? I have emailed my HFO and they are being altogether unhelpful.

I have a floppy disk with the manual that has all of this on it, but when I try to copy from it I get nothing but sector missing and data read errors; It is corrupt due to age.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Nevermind, I downloaded the probing macros from the HAAS page here, attempted to load them on the machine, and it has corrupted my memory, keeping my from viewing the List Programs page at all :/ Everything else works, but it freezes on a console/diagnostic page of some kind. Looks like it's complaining about corrupted memory at a certain address. I dont know why the hell it corrupted it irreparably instead of doing something sensible like maybe protecting itself and an error message?

I'm pissed about this, but it looks like I have no choice but to have a tech out and reload software or something.

Til I get them to fix it I guess I have a friggin expensive paperweight. Dammit. Not how new machine week is supposed to go.

They wouldn't even try to help me over the phone, or put me on with someone who knows what they're talking about instead of just reading from a script. ARGH. :(

If anybody has encountered this before please let me know how you got it fixed.

Attachments

• 20190403_192053.jpg
    20190403_192053.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 164
Minor victory- I can still run programs via DNC serial. Can't get any decent baudrate out of it, but it's better than nothing, and the same as my '93 VF3. I think I can load into memory over serial via the edit menu. If I'm reading this right, I've got 1MB on the control itself, 40GB on the hard drive (which I can't access because of aforementioned issue) and USB/Ethernet (same story).

Guess we're keeping it under 1MB or drip feeding til I get this sorted out. I'm going to see if I can dump params and stuff over serial; I can't do so the conventional way via USB, but if it works the same as my old mill I should be able to do it via RS232 without going to list programs (and thus triggering the lockup/error/whatever)

call the haas plant is CA there are still helpfull people there. usually have an answer with in 10 mins. calling a HFO will leave you hanging for a day to a week then they will send a tech out.
the haas factory have always been good to us, if I need to get a tech out I do, but most of the times its fixed over the phone or at least the problem is found over the phone.

I called them yesterday, they just directed me to my HFO and said I needed a software reload. Talking to my HFO now, if they're uncooperative I will call the haas plant again. I'm not completely convinced a software reload is necessary, just need someone who knows how to reset the memory or delete the bad portion. I don't know enough about how this control is setup to even touch it though, even if I am tangentially familiar with computer memory structure. And I can still run via serial, so running in a limited capacity is better than messing with it more and being completely dead in the water.

Tech came out, reinitialized my machine, and all is well. Took about 2.5hrs start to finish.
Got params sorted out, loaded up the programs I needed (attached here for the next guy who finds this thread)

Calibrated the probe and we're off to the races!

Disclaimer: These programs work with my machine, a 2006 HAAS VM3 with a TS27R toolsetter and an OMP40 probe. I do not know if they are universal, and I do not guarantee they will work with your machine (or even corrupt the memory like HAAS's file did to my machine). Use at your own risk. Name them (your machine serial).pgm and they should import as a bunch of 9000 series programs. You might have to unlock the 9000 programs setting and a couple of other things for proper load-in.

Attachments

• VM3 VQC Templates.zip
    21.7 KB · Views: 145
I've had corrupted data on our TM-1, and what I end up doing is clearing all offset tables (work and tool) and erasing programs. When this machine has corruption, the control freezes up. After clearing those things, the problem goes away. Only happened twice in 5 years.

Hi I can't see the attached files not sure if I am doing something wrong? Thanks

Sorry I can when logged in using a PC and not mobile phone

Last edited:

Back