What's new
What's new

Did haas remove some probing routines from the ngc vps wips?

Shawn_Laughlin

Aluminum
I know I’ve seen videos that haas made showing old terryberry probing to find center and top of work piece in one cycle or routine. Like the probe would touch of in z and then move to the the outside of part and touch off on 4 sides to find perfect center.

I know fusion 360 can do it but I’m not comfortable enough to risk crashing my probe,yet.

So when haas moved on from vqs, which I belive had that exact probe cycle and went to the vps, did they removed some probing routines?

If I’m just not seeing it or it’s something I need to update or download, I’m all ears?

I’ve been asking a lot of questions and you guys have been answering and not giving me any shit so again thanks.

I know I’ve seen videos that haas made showing old terryberry probing to find center and top of work piece in one cycle or routine. Like the probe would touch of in z and then move to the the outside of part and touch off on 4 sides to find perfect center.

I know fusion 360 can do it but I’m not comfortable enough to risk crashing my probe,yet.

So when haas moved on from vqs, which I belive had that exact probe cycle and went to the vps, did they removed some probing routines?

If I’m just not seeing it or it’s something I need to update or download, I’m all ears?

I’ve been asking a lot of questions and you guys have been answering and not giving me any shit so again thanks.

We have a 2013 TM2P at work, none of the probe routines touch off in Z when probing a corner or a square?
You do have to move the probe over the corner you want to probe and tell the control what corner you're probing and how much in Z you need the machine to move to probe the side of the material.....hope that makes sense and answers your question?

Kevin

I purchased a new MM2 a year ago. For the first 8 months, no probing routines l, sans a few, allowed z touch off. Now since having software updated due to other various problems, I have updated macros that allow z touch offs in any probing routine.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back