What's new
What's new

edit full width

bdrmachine

Aluminum
I have a 2014 HAAS mill and for the life of me I can't figure out how to get the control to display the current program in edit mode so it fills the screen horizontally. I have seen the control do this before and was pleasantly surprised. I have called my FFO with no help. Does anyone have an answer to this problem?

Hit the program button, toward the center. It toggles between editing screens.
That just changes modes. I think he's trying to change the edit dialog orientation.

To the OP: Did you see that on a NGC or Legacy control or an old "black-screen"?

I'm trying to increase the width of the edit screen on my 2014 PRE-NGC. As it works now any line that is to long to fit in the window folds down to the next line. I don't know how it happens but I have hit edit and seen it fill the screen. Somehow the screen that is to the right of the gcode closes (offsets window or what ever).

The prgrm/convrs button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Upper left button under the DISPLAY section. When you hit the edit button it comes up in the reduced size mode with "F" functions enabled, when you hit the PRGRM/CONVRS button it goes to full screen just like the memory mode.

That was running a program off the harddrive.

I thought it was a bug at first, and posted the picture as a joke. But after coyoinu's response I went back and tried it. Sure enough the editor has different options when running a program off the harddrive.

Back