What's new
What's new

entering special characters on 2006 control?

Lynn R.

Plastic
I am trying to connect our 2006 TL2 to the network. I have everything functioning properly except this:

I need to enter "WIP\TL2" in the netshare path line.

I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the \ in the line. I have tried everything I found on the internet to get to the special characters (Hit F1 while in the USB or Hard drive, Hit F3) but no joy.

I am wondering if I am missing a file that the F1 command is supposed to find?

We bought the machine used and it came with a 3.5 floppy disk marked CNC data disk, however the machine doesn't have a floppy drive, just the USB.

Any suggestions? I have been talking to a tech at HFO, but he is stuck also.

Software version L07.02A

Could you write a short program from your PC with the character in the comment (even the whole path), Load into the machine and copy/paste into Netshare?

It seems like the copy paste doesn't work inside the network setup window.
I wonder if it would recogonize a keyboard if I plugged it in the USB connector? I will see if I have one here....

i think your remote share path (908) in netshare needs to be to the target directory itself (TL2) , rather than the nested sub-directory (WIP\TL2).

If I leave it at WIP I can see all of the folders in that directory and I can page down till I get to the TL2 folder and it will open it just fine, however, I don't want the operator to have to do all that.

If I just put TL2 there, It can't find it. (server permission denied)

Total longshot, but Unix uses slashes (/) instead of backslashes (\). Some network software will accept either one interchangeably. So you could try using a / instead of a \.

I wouldn't get my hopes up but can't hurt to try.

Back