What's new
What's new

Error 126 - Gearbox Fault

SeymourDumore

Diamond
Guys

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions as to what to look at for the above problem?

Machine is a 2016 ( NextGen ) with a std spindle w. gearbox.
Problem only happens when starting up from cold, needs approx 5 minutes of warmup.
It only happens from low to high gear, so if we leave it in high at the end of the day, power up is fine the next morning, BUT!
It still needs a 5 or so minutes of warmup IF the program shifts to low gear.
Started happening perhaps 2-3 weeks ago, random at first, now consistent.
Once it warms up, machine remains fine for the rest of the day.
Air pressure is correct, air is dry and clean, has been since day one.
Shop temperature is a constant 68 deg. day or night, never set back or adjusted, not even for weekend off times.

Few questions before I tear into it like a Great Ape:
Does this thing still have a "shift dampener" ? If so, where is it?
Is it enough if I take off the upper portion of the cover to gain access to the solenoid area, or the lower cover needs to come off as well?
Since I know that there were some erroneous gearbox error issues with some Software versions on the NG control, is it possible that this is still the case?

Thank You

I had that problem a while back and it was the shift solenoid just in the mornings. At the time I couldn't get a replacement for a week and mostly only needed high gear so disabled the shift in the parameters.

57:02 (Gearbox disable)

On the older ones there was a fitting to the gearbox that had a small orifice. The hole needed to be opened up a slight bit to shift properly again.
Not sure if the design is the same on the newer machines...on the older ones the modification seemed to be a right of passage.

as SIM has said the early units had a brass restrictor with a .01 hole in it. we use to drill that opening up to about .04" and it would correct shifting issues with the gearbox. on the newer version. I haven't seen 1 in person with issues. so I cant say for sure what all they are doing.

Back