What's new
What's new

Expanding Haas Tool Offset Table - Haas VF-5

roundybitland

Plastic
I know how to expand the offset table to include 200 tool height offsets but I am wondering if there is a way to get more. I know I can have tool height offsets stored in macro variables but I would rather not go that route. Has anyone else found a solution for this? Can a haas service rep upgrade the the control to accommodate this request?

I could be wrong, ( its been some time since I have played with the newer controllers) but thought there was either a setting or parameter to allow up to 500 tool offsets.

All of our tools are setup already and we try to minimize tear downs wherever possible. We have a few offsets that we use for uncommon tooling that are shared but we dont want to make a habit of assigning too many tools to these offsets. All of our tools have id's with a specific tool #'s and offset #'s that correspond with our setup sheets for our jobs and our cam library. Our tool I'd system along with our probing system greatly reduces job setup time.

I do that as well, I have many jobs set up, tools ready. I have my machines numbered 3-10 at this point in the order they arived in the shop. When I save a program to the PC I use an extention that is the same as that of the machine: Oxxxx.4.nc for example and save an offset file Oxxxx.40.nc. The program file and offset file stay side by side in the directory at the ready to reload and run.

Interesting, well if you happen to find out a way to get more offsets in the control I would be interested in hearing from you. I have done fair bit of digging around on the internet and have come up with nothing. I talked to a Sirco mechanic while he was at our shop maintaining one of our machines and he said that it would probably have to be a custom add on. I havent talked to a haas technical rep, maybe that's my next step. It's not a huge issue at the moment but it will be in the near future.

Back