Expanding Haas Tool Offset Table - Haas VF-5
Close
Login to Your Account
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Expanding Haas Tool Offset Table - Haas VF-5

I know how to expand the offset table to include 200 tool height offsets but I am wondering if there is a way to get more. I know I can have tool height offsets stored in macro variables but I would rather not go that route. Has anyone else found a solution for this? Can a haas service rep upgrade the the control to accommodate this request?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Maryland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I could be wrong, ( its been some time since I have played with the newer controllers) but thought there was either a setting or parameter to allow up to 500 tool offsets.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There is a parameter that you can turn on that allows you to have up to a maximum of 200 offsets. The control wont allow you to specify more, atleast on the haas controls we have.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Out of curiosity, how will you use all these offsets?

5. Likes friesen liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

All of our tools are setup already and we try to minimize tear downs wherever possible. We have a few offsets that we use for uncommon tooling that are shared but we dont want to make a habit of assigning too many tools to these offsets. All of our tools have id's with a specific tool #'s and offset #'s that correspond with our setup sheets for our jobs and our cam library. Our tool I'd system along with our probing system greatly reduces job setup time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I do that as well, I have many jobs set up, tools ready. I have my machines numbered 3-10 at this point in the order they arived in the shop. When I save a program to the PC I use an extention that is the same as that of the machine: Oxxxx.4.nc for example and save an offset file Oxxxx.40.nc. The program file and offset file stay side by side in the directory at the ready to reload and run.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Interesting, well if you happen to find out a way to get more offsets in the control I would be interested in hearing from you. I have done fair bit of digging around on the internet and have come up with nothing. I talked to a Sirco mechanic while he was at our shop maintaining one of our machines and he said that it would probably have to be a custom add on. I havent talked to a haas technical rep, maybe that's my next step. It's not a huge issue at the moment but it will be in the near future.