What's new
What's new

factory new vf-7 problems

imder

Plastic
Hello, I had istalled a factory new VF-7 in january and since the start it never worked good; it came with a table with steps on the sides and curved down to the center; i managed to get the assistance form the HFO that installed it just at the start of this week, and anyway they decided to face the table, because it was a long way out of spec (it was so not flat that if you tried to slide a granite block on top of it it gets caught in in the t slots); after facing the table it resulted in an inverse banana compared to how it was; and the tech guy that came also noticed that if you touch with one hand the table it moves down considerably and if you pull it up goes up by quite a margin; furthermore the renishaw toolsetter gives different lenghts up to 0.066mm and 0.01mm in diameter variance even if the measurements are repeated back to back in less than 2 minutes timeframe; furthemore i have done a testpiece doing bores and squares and with the same tool the squares are good in dimensions to the 0.002mm while the bores are always smaller by 0.03mm more or less but the center it is good to the 0.002mm; they don't know where to start, and it doesn't look acceptable to me to have all these problems and not being able to use the machine because right now it's useless, what do you think guys? what could be the problem?

Sounds like a bad casting to me. Id have them give you a new machine, but I doubt they will.

Sent from my Phone 2 using Tapatalk

I have to disagree with D Farms - you must refuse this machine, and demand a replacement. Do not, under any circumstances or offers for on-site rebuild, accept the bad machine you have.

I do not know the legal structures in the Czech Republic regarding defective industrial goods, but I would strongly suggest retaining a lawyer who's experienced in such matters to assist you. Yes, it will add to your costs, but depending on how quickly Haas decides to replace the machine it will be very worthwhile.

It is almost certain that Haas will resist replacement, do not allow yourself to be worn down. Again, do not accept on-site repair, this is a fundamental problem with the machine and it should not be your burden to bear. You must push through for replacement with an acceptable machine or total refund of purchase price so you can look elsewhere.

Please keep us up to date on your progress, this is a concern for us all.

I have to disagree with D Farms - you must refuse this machine, and demand a replacement. Do not, under any circumstances or offers for on-site rebuild, accept the bad machine you have.

I do not know the legal structures in the Czech Republic regarding defective industrial goods, but I would strongly suggest retaining a lawyer who's experienced in such matters to assist you. Yes, it will add to your costs, but depending on how quickly Haas decides to replace the machine it will be very worthwhile.

It is almost certain that Haas will resist replacement, do not allow yourself to be worn down. Again, do not accept on-site repair, this is a fundamental problem with the machine and it should not be your burden to bear. You must push through for replacement with an acceptable machine or total refund of purchase price so you can look elsewhere.

Please keep us up to date on your progress, this is a concern for us all.
I think what you meant to say is you agree with me. :)

Sent from my Phone 2 using Tapatalk

Send that piece of junk back. You shouldn't have to face the table on a brand new machine especially one that costs as much as a house. Don't keep it or let them try to fix it onsite because you will never know if they do it right and probably even harder to check accuracy on a machine envelope that big. These guys think they can sell people out of spec 6 figure machines like we're a bunch of chumps and just live with it while they make millions. Send that back for sure with no remorse.

Back