What's new
What's new

First time firing up a Haas machine: SL-40T

rollerman13

Plastic
Hello PM,

Yesterday we fired up a SL-40T for the first time. We have only had smaller mori SLs (25, 300).

I'll admit I have been pleasantly surprised by the Haas documentation at first as I have been reading the manuals to better put myself in a position to follow along with the machinists as we learn the machine.

We finally brought power to the machine and fired it up only to get stumped on what we thought would be pretty straight forward alarms: 102 and 107

Unfortunately we don't have a good relationship with Haas yet, and I don't have any good contacts who can help quickly troubleshoot our issues like some of our other machines. Anyways, I have a couple messages in to Haas - hopefully they will get to us soon. I would guess they are a bit limited with resources due to Covid as well. I thought I might see if anyone here might point us in the right direction. Servo amplifiers are all lit green. Machine was originally phased backwards (orange light on phase detect was lit up). Switched L1 and L2 expecting to see green light, but now don't see any lights on the "phase detect". Manual says: orange fail = need to switch L1 and L2, Green pass = good, both lights = loose wire... I have no lights! I'm thinking perhaps the green pass light is out... Manual says nothing about no lights.

I checked the I/O board and noticed a cable in the 770B position (E stop C) which I couldn't make sense of. This is in addition to the main E stop (770) position labeled E stp A.

If anyone has any advice on next steps towards troubleshooting that would be awesome. I will update with any news from Haas.

Thanks,

Garrett

If you have wrong phase, you should only have to switch two wire and you should have correct phase. Your alarms look like all you have to do is flip the estop and press reset? Those are standard alarms for the haas. We press the estop every time we power off and got those alarms. Message is alarms do not clear. Call your haas support and they will help you out. They are usually good to work with.

Thanks guys for the responses. MaxPrairie, I was thinking same thing with the alarms. Turns out you were right, and so was I (sort of). I didn't realize that one of the jumpers for one of the open E Stop "P" stations was off of the I/O PCB. Perhaps it was knocked off - it was laying at the bottom of the cabinet. Popped it back on and fired right up, alarms cleared no problem... Hopefully if anyone in the future sees this they will remember to check the jumpers first!

Garrett

Back