What's new
What's new

Grease interval change locked out?

Rennfab

Plastic
Just finished servicing my VF3 due to clogged grease lines. Machine doesn't run continuously, or even daily, and as a result I wanted to reduce the time interval for the grease injection cycle from 8 hrs to 4 hrs. Went in to do so and the controller is telling me the function is locked. System key is unlocked, makes no sense to me.

Has anyone else had issues changing parameters on older machines like this? It's a 2011 VF3SSYT, classic controller. I have read that some people noticed this on the newer NGC's but on older machines I don't see/read this being an issue.

Any insight, besides calling Haas that is?

What year is your machine? Mine might run 2-3 times a week for 4 hours. This has always been a concern of mine. I swapped from purple to tan grease.

Parameter lock off and servos off (e-stop to force servos off).

I just wanted to report back in that I finally got around to doing what you mentioned and yes, I had overlooked that there was a parameter for "parameter lock" set on the controller in an "on" state. I changed that to off and was then able to alter the grease cycle and duration specs in the controller just fine. So my hats off to you for giving me the answer I needed.

Thanks!

Back