Haas - 2nd attempt - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Flood coolant makes things easier, at least for me. Be sure and only use distilled water when you mix your cutting fluid, it lasts way longer that way.
    Here's a couple of pics, the foot splash guard and door splash guards are made from light alu, the side wings are stainless steel. Works like a charm. You still get some on you and the floor, but it's not bad.
    PS
    The white plastic basket thingy is indeed from an old dishwasher and I use it to hold the vise wrench! Sad, I know...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2017-03-21-13.21.01.jpg   2017-03-21-13.21.40.jpg   2017-03-21-13.21.48.jpg   2017-03-21-13.22.00.jpg  

2. Likes Dangle_kt liked this post
    Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for the photos Kevin, I think I have read you machine high end materials, for now I will be running just Alu, and nothing critical whilst I learn the ropes, so I can stick with air for now.

I'd like to run MQL type system.

I had great fun this weekend, took me nearly a whole day to figure out the work offset/tool offset - but I managed it and am starting to get my head around some very basic G code, as on my old desktop machine I'd just throw the code at it from a USB stick, whereas now I have the machine capable of ripping itself in two, I need to check my work.

Managed to make my first part, really happy with the surface finish - though I have lots more to learn about fixturing, and how to do things more efficiently - still I have a working programme to tweak and optimise now which is something I didn't have before.

Next part for making is going to be a bt40/cat40 toolholder setter so I can tighten down my collets properly.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Arizona
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Kevin,
    May I ask you how high the ceiling is in your garage that the TM-1 operates under?
    Thank you.