What's new
What's new

Haas 4th axis home error

TDFrier

Plastic
I've been making chips for 30 years and this is the first time I've ever seen this. My 4th axis will home consistently to two different spots exactly 0.785 degrees apart. Just enough to break it off deep inside. The difference stems from whether or not the axis is homed before power down. To make a short story long - If it's homed before power down, it will find one zero, if it's not homed before power down, it finds another zero .785 degrees away. WT actual F?

I have an old black one that does that, if homing at shut down isn't an option I manually move it to where it is supposed to be after start up then press "zero single axis" followed by "A" zero, then it is good all day

But how do you know where it's supposed to be without dialing it in again? I'll get consistent results if I just make sure it's not left on the home switch at shut down, so that's my shop rule. But it shouldn't have to BE a rule.

Mine has a 360 degree dial on the snout and a smaller one on the side numbered 1-100, they both have stet screws to position them, I set them to 0 after I am dialed in and working so I can put it back if needed. I have some later "white" ones that always know where they are, it is just the old black one with a problem like yours

Should be and is are often different

Back