What's new
What's new

haas classic with working ethernet but can't browse shares

gdanov

Plastic
We have several Haas classic (sw versions 2014-2015) mills and lathes. I want to connect them and read programs from network share. Did research, read the manuals and figured out all machines have ethernet built-in on their "motherboards".

The mills are super mini an the lathes are st10 and st20. The mills have one "motherboard" with standard ethernet + usb connector. The lathes have one extra board, same size.

After wiring them they connect on TCP/IP level — DHCP works, I can see a webpage when I open in the browser their IP, the router shows traffic...they are definitely properly connected to my LAN.

The problem is I can't make them open network share no matter what I do. I've started to suspect that I need an extra board for this functionality to work. What's most suspicious is that the settings page behaves in the same way regardless if I enter proper values for host, user, etc. or if I enter complete garbage. I never get any sort of error message. This is extremely frustrating as the lack of feedback prevents me from debugging the situation.

I didn't because I had to first make sure I don't need add-on board. I grew more and more suspicious of the lack of feedback from the CNC when I enter faulty data.

On the backend I tried linux box with samba, windows 7, windows 10 and os x. I'd appreciate pointers to things I might be doing wrong.

My biggest success was to once see a log line that the CNC is trying to list a share on the Win 7, no errors on win side but still no success.

I tried with windows XP and samba on linux with some extra settings.

On both, the CNC can browse the available shares (when I press enter on the share name field, I get list of shares), on the linux I watch the logs and everything appears to be fine, however I still don't get the netlink tab when pressing 'list programs'

the control module seems to be win ce 6.00

Back