What's new
What's new

Haas CNC control

lwm

Aluminum
We are considering buying a used Haas Mill, probably a VF2. We are currently running a 2002 VF1 and it has performed well for us, but it's getting tired. I'm not totally up to speed on all the details of the newer Haas controls, I do know the latest one is labelled as NGC. I have read some that some of the older controls are no longer supported by Haas. Is there a certain year that is a cutoff date that is no longer supported, or how can I be sure I'm not buying unsupported hardware?

Also I think I have read of some glitches in the NGC control, have most of these been ironed out, if we would end up buying new?

I believe the oldest controller that Haas still supports is for machines 2006 or newer. I have heard something along those lines from several resellers and my local distributor.

I don't know about NGC since I've never operated a Haas that was that new.

I have been running a 2018 NGC for the last year and its been bug free ,, I had one of the first verticals they sent out with the NGC control back in 1016 and it was CRAP ,, but they got the bugs fixed and there working good . I really like the new 30 tool on the vf2ss machines

Confirm everything I write here:
Don’t be afraid to buy a newer used machine unless the price approaches new( many do)
Haas had been having machines on sale recently.

Around 2006 is when the Coldfire II machines were released, some models had overlap, you can call, ( I would email so it’s on record) Haas with the model and serial and they can tell you.
The two times I called about a potential purchase, my local Haas (Trident HFO) would not give me the info because the machine was outside their service territory, so you may have to call/email a couple times to end up with the info.

A member here (Bill ? Wheelie41?? From memory) got hosed when a machine he bought turned out to be the older Coldfire1 when he was told it was II

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back