What's new
What's new

Haas Control Panel

PM2

Plastic
Just purchased a 2002 VF1. I noticed the display color is green instead of the usual orange I see.
Any ideas on why this might be? Is the color changeable on these?

the usual orange I see...
color changeable on these?

Yung'n He?

That is a standard Monochrome monitor, which typically came in 3 different varieties ( note I didn't say color, because they were in fact monochrome and NOT color monitors.)
The orange you see is actually called "amber", but there were green and white as well, depending on the phosphor used on the CRT.

OTOH, the other possibility is that - as machineit suggested - the monitor has been replaced.
If so, and if it is a Haas OEM replacement, then it is now an LCD monitor and not a CRT ( easy to tell just by looking at it )
If so, then yes, you CAN change the color. The retrofit kit has a board on it and I believe it is a rotary switch that lets you choose the "color"
It will still be monochrome display ( meaning no various colors, just the one ) but at least you can pick what you like out of the 3 available.

If CRT monitor you will see the screen is curved...the later Haas models had a flat glass panel in front or screen... maybe to offer the appearance of the then higher priced Flat LCD...but looking from side you can see the curve.

As mentioned Haas used Amber CRT screens and color is not changable. They are the old standard IBM compatible monitors, your could have been replaced / swapped out.

Some of the Flat LCD displays can have the color changed. The one I just bought can not. It is black and white...but ask me if I care...nope. Provide I can see it, I'm happy.

Back