What's new
What's new

Haas Dual battery kit

Yes sir...it was added to two of my machines.

One when that battery died and they went in to change and asked if I'd like to upgrade.

The second was when tech was replacing processor board, in the mix so to speak and menioned as he was there...maybe add the backup battery kit.

I have wondered why that was not standard...but then I kinda know why.

It's an easy mod, just take your time and make sure the new battery kit does not come unplugged at any point.

I agree, the battery should have been placed in a more convenient location to begin with but engineers never have service after the fact in mind when designing something.

Just be certain to do a full backup of parameters, settings, macros, variables, and programs prior to doing the mod.

!!! I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH !!!

I know my 2015 haas has the soldered battery still . even at that time haas was selling the kits to fix there soldered idea... nothing like selling a NEW machine to customers and then selling them a kit to fix it..

To bad we all couldn't think of stuff like that to do to are valued customers

Just be certain to do a full backup of parameters, settings, macros, variables, and programs prior to doing the mod.

!!! I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH !!!

That should even be part of the service techs instructions when changing a battery...or expect a good 3 hours to reload software plus alot of extra time on your end to go back in and tweak parameters the way you like them.

A slight hijacking of this thread...

On an older machine, 1992 VF0 I'm my case, is there a plug location to apply power as shown in the installation or do I have to R&R the original battery under power?

BTW I have backed up everything. Battery is showing good voltage and was apparently replaced in 2003, I'm just planning ahead.

There are two headers P6 and P7 above the battery. I believe either will work for the external battery connection. Better to replace it out of the machine where you have room to work.
Lithium batteries do not drop voltage like alkaline, they hold a fairly constant voltage then drop off more quickly.
I do not have the number off hand for the four pin connector but the six pin is Waldom WM2605.

I'm a new haas owner and been rad get about this battery that I need to replace every so often. Is this upgrade just extend the time or does it make asker to replace i.e. You can r move one battery and the other battery still powers the machine then once that is don't you can do the same to change the other one? Or am I missing the point. Sorry like I said new 2006 haas owner.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"standard electronic item" - the kit? No but you can buy the parts at one of the electronic supply houses.
Presumably each battery has an isolation diode so one does not drain the other. So basically, two batteries, two diodes, one two battery holder with separate terminals for each, wire and connector. Plus mounting hardware (screws? or double back tape)

Yep, Just installed on my 1992 VF-1 also. Worked great, and yes there is a protection diode inline. Comes with some clips to keep em in place even with heavy cutting, which I thought was a nice touch. Happy to no longer see the low battery alarm on boot.

We had the tech install one during our last PM (last month). No issues beyond why they have had this kit available for years but only as an upgrade. :rolleyes5:

Wonder which dial needle that upgrade pays for on the F1 cars.

I tried but my processor board does not have P1 connector although my machine was built 10/07. I had a processor board replaced at one time and am wondering if they put in an older processor board. They also included Duracell batteries which are notorious for leakage.

We got a low battery alarm on our 2000 TM1p we ordered the kit, cut the leads and soldered them to the negative and positive on the backside of the board.
Placed the batteries in the sled, and cut the old battery out. We backed up everything before hand but it was not needed in the end.

Back