Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

How important is it to take the old battery out?? It’s difficult to cut and didn’t want to risk damaging something else ??

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

yeah you must remove the original battery. It'll drain the new charge and you'll be right back where you started..

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I've Done it to 2 machines. Yes remove the old battery. Could you imagine it one day leaking? What a terrible place to put something like that.
    But Seems to work well. I had a tech do it after a better died. Not a cheap bill considering I'm 500km from a tech. $1000 travel charge,, $250 hotel charge and 10 hours labour For 2 machines. Had him muck around with a few things considering the cost to get him up.

Not a big fan of the connection though.
    I would prefer soldered than a little plastic 3 pin connector.
    Honestly not a fan of the little connectors used for many functions in the machine. My (tm-1) tool changer frequently faults over a loose connection lately. Same kind of plug as the dual battery:/ lets hope that does not get loose.

Not gonna lie though, the "tool room" series are great machines to fire up a garage shop!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

93 VF-2

I installed a single battery on P6. I ordered the dual kit from Haas.

Any downside to just adding the dual battery to P7 and leaving the other one on P6? It's only a year old.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Both batteries should have a protection diode. Otherwise any difference in voltage between the two batteries will cause loop currents.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by magno_grail View Post
    Both batteries should have a protection diode. Otherwise any difference in voltage between the two batteries will cause loop currents.
    I left the dead one soldered to the board for a year with the new one plugged in, didn't cause any issues.

The one that's currently on the machine is just a wire soldered to the battery with the plug for the P6 connector. No diodes or anything like that.

I can replace it with the double battery setup, is it safe to swap it out with the machine powered up? Or should I plug the double into P7 and then unplug the single on P6?

Just trying to avoid messing up the parameters again...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I put this kit in my TM2 and will eventually do every other machine I own.
    Great upgrade. Can be done to anything.

Country
    SOUTH AFRICA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hello, our machines have the dual kit already installed but I would like to change the batteries and my company doesn't want a tech to come out just for that. We have the new batteries and I've referred to the Haas website but just want to confirm with folks who have been through this process. I have backed up the controllers as per the usual, then the Haas guidelines call for the machine to be turn off and then change out the batteries one at a time. I read somewhere before that the machine must be on but HAAS say the machine must be off. I know what the answer should be but just want to check here if the machine must be off or on based on previous experiences?