What's new
What's new

Haas G65 changing the 20mm default

AJ H

Hot Rolled
Ok so my Macro knowledge leaves a lot to be desired so hopefully this is a simple question to someone else.

I am trying to locate a skewed part with the Renishaw probe using

G0 G90
G65 P9023 A15. I8. J4. B1. S54.

Basically that touches two points along the x and y axis and records the angle in the parameters.

I8. is the x location of the second point and J4. is the y location of the second point.

The first point of each axis is 20mm

My problem is the part I am locating has a radius greater than 20mm so the probe is still touching radius

Is there a variable to edit this?

I emailed this same question to my Haas apps guy but figured I'd ask here while I was waiting

Thank You

Incase this is ever an issue for anyone in the future I will post Renishaw's response below, this solved the problem

I think he could edit the value of #30 in O9023 so it is 10 millimeters now so it assumes you start about .4” off the corner and it moves double that from the start position. He could edit the #30 to 20 and it should move further on to the corner.
I don’t think it causes too many issues if he leaves it that big but when the corner is small he would have issues.

If he is using it in a program he would be better to run the external corner cycle 9816 I attached the manual.

IF [ #1 EQ #0 ] GOTO17
#27= 10 (DEFAULT Q IN MM)
(#28=1DEFAULT WORK OFFSET)
#29= #[ #161 + 4 ] (PROBE OFFSET #560)
#30= 10 (STAND OFF)
#179= 0.04
IF [ #4006 EQ 20 ] GOTO1
IF [ #4006 EQ 70 ] GOTO1
#179= 1

Back