What's new
What's new

Haas G76 Fine Boring Cycle

Kneubaecker

Plastic
I am testing out the G76 boring cycle for use with an Iscar boring head. The cycle works and backs off the bore by the amount specified as Q but the spindle is not orientated correctly. The boring head is aligned with the drive lugs so at the end of the cycle the machine needs to orient the spindle so that the drive lugs are aligned with the x axis. Currently at the end of the boring the lugs are at the spindle orientation for a tool change which is closer to being aligned with the y -axis. If I would run it in a bore the tool would back into the part.

Are there additional parameters that I need to enter in the G76 Cycle in order to correctly orient the spindle so when it backs off the bore it clears the bore.

2018 Haas VF-3YT NGC

orient the spindle, then align the boring bar with whatever direction you want it to point. There is a parameter for what axis and direction it backs off.
Be aware, if you forget to put a "Q" value in the G76 line, it will use whatever the last Q that was defined. If that happened to be a G83 cycle with a Q of .400, results can be catastrophic.

If you have probing it comes with spindle orientation, if you did not get probing and did not add orientation (about a grand) then I think the spindle one has one index mark to home to , that being the tool change index. I know my fadals just use the tool change index for g76.

Try running the G76 cycle and see if it indexes to the same spot every time at the end of cycle, if it does just set the boring bar to work with it.

There is a parameter setting for g76 move off direction, might be #27 on your machine. Use this if all your tools point the same way. Optionally, you can use I and/or J to specify direction instead of Q. This is good if you can't adjust the tool orientation to match on all tools.

Archer120x,

You are correct that setting 27 controls the direction that the tool backs off. I changed the setting to move in the Y+ direction and that will work for me.

Thank you for the help!

Back