What's new
What's new

Haas hours software update.... would Haas have records of hours prior to up upgrade ?

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
Seems pretty unlikely a 2017 VF1 has only 452 hours after all. And what is the deal with tool changes.... can't imagine over 100,000 of those on a machine this new and pristine.

Is "run time" the same as automatic cycle time ? If so, 19 minutes since upgrade !

IMG_5112.jpg

Unlikely, perhaps, but 100% probable. I just bought a 2005 tm1 with 530 spindle hours.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The HFO would put the hours on repair paperwork if they ever worked on it ,,, If you know were the machine came from you can contact that HFO and they can look up the repair orders.

Seems pretty unlikely a 2017 VF1 has only 452 hours after all. And what is the deal with tool changes.... can't imagine over 100,000 of those on a machine this new and pristine.

A Haas software update will sometimes reset certain clocks and not others. Not good......:rolleyes5:

If those numbers are right, the machine was doing a tool change every 15 seconds of runtime. Possible, I guess. :scratchchin:

Is "run time" the same as automatic cycle time ? If so, 19 minutes since upgrade !

Pretty sure it's hr:min. format and not min:sec., so 19 hours.

Definitely possible. I worked a job for about a yaear where both the st10 and minimill were limited by toolchanger speeds. Part cycle times rarely exceeded 2 minutes and usually had minimum of 5-7 toolchanges. Actually time drilling/milling/turning was less then the time it took to reposition and change tools.

So it's possible this VF1 ran programs (tool changes, axis positioning and machining) for only 19 hours ??

That would be a tool change every 0.68 seconds......:scratchchin:

Probably was reset either by a software update or a rogue with a "debug" dongle. :rolleyes5:

There is another page called "Timers" with more clocks. It's either under Current Commands or Diagnostics.

So... I'm standing in from of my 2019 mini mill 2. Got it in November, it doesn't run much compared to most shops, but I have also had the spindle running for nearly 8 straight hours before one a few occasions.

The "run time" under machine data is the time the machine has been turned on. For example, mine is ticking at 8hr 50 minutes RIGHT NOW.

"power on time" appears to be total hours machine has been powered on, unsure where to go to see total spindle hours and servo hours.
18d5d8da9f41f9dc924dba331e57eac2.jpg

Power cycles should have a number next to it. There are also more timers... Press current commands then toggle over to timers. It will have power on, cycle start, and feed cutting timers. You need a Haas key to pull spindle hours.

Back